Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Raising a Family in NYC

Times are a'changing and I no longer have to justify my decision to raise a family in New York City the way I used to, but every now and then, it is nice to reflect on the wide variety of reasons that I love living with kids here so much. Here are a few of them:
  • The variety of school choices which allow parents to match the school with their child's personality and learning style (of course after the middle school application process this year, I'm not so crazy about the way this choice has been implemented, but I'm still glad it exists).
  • Running errands via stroller or baby bjorn rather than car seat (so you don't have to worry about waking up a sleeping child)
  • The way free delivery/pick-up makes so many errands easy
  • 0rdering in
  • FreshDirect
  • The enormous number of fun things to do and see (and how I expect that that will make the teenage years easier)

No comments: