Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Starbucks Explosion

In the wee hours of the morning yesterday, someone planted a bomb outside my local Starbucks. No one was hurt in the resulting explosion. Even the damage was minimal - two windows were blow out and the seat of a wooden bench was partially destroyed. Our apartment is only a few blocks away, but we heard neither he blast itself nor the car alarms it set off. In fact we didn't even know about the whole thing until DH stopped to get me a cup o' joe after his morning bike ride. The police and FBI et al are making a big deal of this only because the modus operandi is similar to other explosions that occurred recently in other parts of town.

Still, I've been surprisingly unsettled by this incident. I emailed out-of-town family members to assure them that we're all ok. And for the first time in years, I had a dream last night about losing my children -- something that never happened even after 9/11. So strange...

No comments: