Friday, April 30, 2010

Lost

My husband and I have periodically become infatuated with various TV shows.  When he was in business school, we looked forward to late night reruns of Kolshak: The Night Stalker.  Later, we became fans of Star Trek: The Next Generation.  And for a time, we loved The X-Files

Most recently, we've become enamoured with ABC's Lost.  We came a bit late to the party, and watched episodes from the first 4 seasons via Internet downloads and DVDs.  But now we watch diligently every week.  And so we were incredibly disappointed to see a rerun this past Tuesday.  What's up with that?  My husband teases me that I should check all the forums and message boards to find out what's going on.  So maybe I will!

Meanwhile, I've been thinking about all the mysteries -- big and small -- that the show's writers will have to contend with as the series winds down (with the big finale scheduled for May 23).  Like how did the polar bears get to the island?  What is the origin of Hugo's lucky number?  And so forth.

We both agree that Hugo is the most likely candidate to be the new Jacob -- he seems to have the most finally tuned sense of right and wrong/good and evil and is the most self-less of all of them.

No comments: