Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thanks to Mom

There are a lot of things that we inherit from our parents (and pass on to our kids).  Sometimes it is a relief to know that there is nothing that can be done to change the course of nature.  But just as often, it is frustrating to think we can't make an impact on things we wish were different.

For example, even at my skinniest, I've never had a flat belly.  Not as a kid.  Not as a crunch-obsessed teenager.  Not before I had two kids.  Not ever.  So it should be comforting to read that "how your abs look has a lot to do with your genes, how lean you are, how long your torso is and how tall you are" (or at least so says RealBeauty.com).  And for a while, I gave up on ab exercise.  But now I'm thinking I'll get back into it.  I may never have a flat belly.  But certainly it could be thinner than it is now!

My chronic black under-eye circles (always there, even if I'm well-rested) are apparently another gift from mom.  I use under-eye concealer and am thinking of checking into more radical fixes -- why not just take the plunge and improve something that's always bothered me?

No comments: