Thursday, June 23, 2011

4th Grade Poetry

I just have to share these poems that recently made it home as my 4th grader's teacher does her end-of-the-year classroom clean-up:

FOOTBALL
The grass, green and short
players getting their gear on:
football!

The ball soaring through the air
defying gravity with every spin:
incredible!

Players sprinting towards the ball
or off to do something else:
organized chaos.

It's football.

MY LUCKY DAY
Today is my lucky day:
My alarm clock went astray.
Now I get to show up late for school;
And now I really want to jump in the pool.
Today was the best -
I feel very blessed.
And the day's nearly done;
Now I can have some fun.
But now I have to do homework.
Man, I'm really out of work.
But I really don't have to fret...
I can just go on the Internet!

MY BROTHER B.
B. my borther
You help me with my poems
But not give away all the answers
B. my brother
You know what to do
Even when my reasoning has gone askew
B. my brother
You've set the standard so high
To compare I'll have to reach the sky
My brother B.

FOOTBALL
Smashing
Crashing
Mashing
Bashing
That's just what we do
When we play football
We'll play day and night
Doing monkey-crawls and up-downs
Yet once we get back to warmth and light
We'll act like crazy clowns
When we wake up in the morning we're all stiff and sore
Weird how it doesn't stop us
When we go out the door
It's amazing how we never stop
Until we're all at the top

No comments: