Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lefty

When they were young, both of my sons exhibited signs of being left-handed.  But while my older son naturally phased through stages of being ambidextrous and ultimately favored his right hand for writing, eating, ball-throwing and such, my younger son has remained a lefty for just about everything.  (One exception is golf: he first picked up clubs at about 3 years of age, before his handedness was well established, and has continued to play as a righty.)

My curiosity about lefties is probably similar to my mother's feelings about twins: I didn't know much about why some people are left-handed and how they are different until it was clear that my child would always favor his left hand.  So I found this article, video and series of comments about lefties in the Wall Street Journal to be rather interesting.

No comments: