Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Picking Up on Time

Our younger son is on vacation this week.  Since DH is home also, it only makes sense that he would split some of the parenting responsibilities with me.  So today we agreed that I would drop off our son at the home of his friend on the west side, and DH would pick him up.  Specific times were discussed, and then confirmed when DH called the garage to let them know he would be taking out the car.

But then, somewhat randomly, without telling either me or the other child's family, DH moved the pick-up time back a half hour.  True, he discussed a later time with our son.  But how was I supposed to know that?  I had told the parents when to expect him for pick-up, and having been (too many times) on the receiving end of late parents, I expressed my frustration at his cavalier attitude to this situation.  Amazingly, he got mad at me!

No comments: